BSG Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Statement
The Building Safety Group Ltd recognises its obligations to act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in its dealings with staff, customers, neighbours and the environment as a whole.
1. The Company minimises health and safety risks to staff and visitors through the implementation and administration of a management system certified to BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
2. The Company has a separate environmental policy statement clarifying its commitment to deliver a net positive impact on the environment.
3. The Company is proud that its management is recognised through ISO9001 and ISO14001.
4. The Company is wholly owned by its members and acts on a not for profit basis.
5. The Company’s involvement of staff within the business has been recognised by its accreditation by the Investors in People standard.
BSG CSR Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the concept whereby organisations integrate social and environmental concerns into their business operations and into their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis. The Building Safety Group Ltd is committed to adopting best practice in this area.
The Building Safety Group Ltd is fully committed to the principle of CSR and intends that CSR should become embedded, where appropriate, into its policies and practices, to the benefit of staff as well as the wider community.
The Building Safety Group Ltd aims to be recognised as an organisation that is transparent and ethical in all its dealings as well as making a positive contribution to the community in which it operates. It is committed to the following core values in all aspects of its work, including the fulfilment of its social responsibility:
• Clear direction and strong leadership;
• Customer focus;
• Respect for people;
• Open communication;
• Working to deliver best value;
• Openness and transparency
• Development of positive working relationships with others;
• Commitment to the highest ethical standards of service; and
• Valuing and harnessing the diversity of The Building Safety Group Ltd staff.
2. CSR Strategies
The Building Safety Group Ltd will seek to achieve corporate and social objectives by focusing on five strategic areas:
• Equal Opportunities – maintaining and promoting our commitment to the fulfilment of our obligations on the promotion of equal opportunities and to the ethos of the The Building Safety Group Ltd Equality Scheme.
• Good Relations – The Building Safety Group Ltd has developed and adopted a Good Relations Strategy. This will be reviewed annually and will be implemented and endorsed through a corporate action plan.
• Workplace – addressing the needs and aspirations of staff through the continuing development of diversity, work-life balance and health and well-being policies and initiatives.
• Community Impact – encouraging and assisting staff to greater involvement in team/individual projects in support of the wider community.
• Environment – further developing environmental management practices that minimize waste and maximise efficiencies.
3. Guiding Principles
The Building Safety Group Ltd recognises that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include members, customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
• We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
• We take seriously all feedback, complaints and compliments that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
• We shall be open and honest in communicating our policies, strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
• The Building Safety Group Ltd will, where reasonable, make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for delivery lies with all employees.
4. Partnership Focus
• We shall strive to improve our environmental performance through the implementation of sustainable development and environmental policies.
• We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk.
• We shall encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit.
• We will record and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our published standards of service.
• We shall encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities.
• We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees.
• We will offer our employees clear and fair terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continued development.
• We shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
• We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
• We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment.
• We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders.
• Contracts with suppliers will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship
CSR activity undertaken by The Building Safety Group Ltd staff will be reported to the Management Board on a regular (at least annual) basis. In addition, CSR activity will be publicised both through the internal newsletter, and externally as appropriate, through a variety of media. Sections heads will maintain a framework of current and future CSR programmes that are run within their business areas and report on these to the Board. Paul Kimpton will be the Board member responsible for CSR issue.