TERMS & CONDITIONS
I/we apply for membership of The Building Safety Group Limited (the Group):
- I/We agree, if elected to become a Member of the Group, to be bound by the Memorandum and Articles of Association (The Memorandum and Articles of Association may be viewed at the registered office of the Group) and bylaws of the Group for the time being and that our Membership shall be subject to six months written notice by us. Note A. The subscription for the notice period shall be based upon the previous six months subscription.
- I/We agree to pay the joining fee at the agreed rate (payable upon receipt of invoice).
- I/We agree to pay my/our subscription in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association and understand that the current rate of subscription is £102 per person per annum plus VAT, with a minimum subscription of £728 per annum plus VAT, charged six monthly on 1st June and 1st December each year and payable upon receipt of invoice.
- I/We understand that a maximum period of fourteen clear days may elapse after payment of the first subscription or the notification of the sites requiring cover, whichever is the latter, before the Safety Adviser commences to visit my/our sites.
- Subscriptions are payable by the first day of the subscription period. All training fees must be paid fourteen days prior to the training taking place. Charges relating to Additional Services, which includes Site Inspection Bundles, Accident Investigations, CDM Support, Toolbox Talks, Safety Adviser Review Meetings and Safety Audits, are payable within seven days of the date of the invoice. This includes charges relating to Inner London Site Inspections.
- I/We understand that the services provided by The Building Safety Group Ltd cover the UK mainland only and that any services required off-shore are subject to prior arrangement and negotiable charges/expenses.
- I/We understand that an additional charge of £40 plus VAT per visit is applicable for site visits within the M25 ring.
- In the event that a member is investigated by or on behalf of the Health and Safety Executive The Building Safety Group shall not be liable to the member for the Fees For Intervention paid by the member to the Health and Safety Executive in accordance with the Health and Safety (Fees) Regulations 2012.
- In the event of resigning our membership, I /We agree to stop using the BSG logo and any other BSG branded livery.
- In the event of resigning our membership, I / We agree to stop using BSG’s software services which remain protected as part of BSG’s Intellectual Property rights
- All charges stated above are exclusive of VAT
- Your membership commences once you return the application and pay the first invoices (joining fee + subscription)
- Annual subscription is split bi-annually, payable by cheque or BACS
Membership Application Form
a). The directors may terminate the membership of any member without his consent by giving him written notice (Termination Notice) if, in the reasonable opinion of the directors he has contravened any of the provisions of the Articles of Association. Following such termination, the member shall be removed from the Register of Members. A member whose membership is terminated under this article shall not be entitled to a refund of any subscription or membership fee and shall remain liable to pay to the Company any subscription or other sum owed by him.
b). Membership Required: Please ensure that you enter the type of membership required. Please consult the Summary of Services to ensure that you select the correct type of subscription for your needs.
c). Company Name: Please ensure that you insert the full correct name of your business including “Ltd” and “trading as” if necessary. Your membership account will be created under the name provided. If joining as a group of companies please enter the name of the holding/group company but provide a separate list of those companies who are part of the group and who will be included within the membership application.
d). Address: Please insert your full address for correspondence.
e). E-mail: Please provide an email address which you authorise to receive all email correspondence including site inspection reports and reminders of your log in details for Site Report Manager. Further email addresses can be added at a later date, but these will only receive copies of site inspection reports and our monthly newsletter.
f). Date from which membership to commence: Our invoices are based on whole months, so you will be invoiced from the 1st of the month closest to the date selected. Please note that, depending on when you join the Building Safety Group Ltd, your initial subscription invoice may be based on between 4 and 9 months subscription.
g). Total average number of personnel: Please ensure that the figure given includes ALL personnel, including staff, directly employed operatives, sub-contractors (both labour only, trade and specialist), agency workers and statutory authorities for whom you hold a legal responsibility in compliance with current health and safety legislation.
h). Application submission: The application form must be submitted by a person duly authorised to do so on behalf of your company/partnership or by yourself if you are a sole trader.
RE: THE BUILDING SAFETY GROUP LIMITED (A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE) Being a proposed subscriber to the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the above Company HEREBY CERTIFY that we have power to subscribe for shares in, guarantee the obligation of, and become a Member of the above Company. I/WE further to agree to the terms and conditions detailed above.