BSG provides Health and Safety podcasts which address critical Health and Safety issues facing the construction industry.
- Stress Management: During the podcast, Chris Chapman, Technical Support Manager at BSG explains how stress can occur at work and provides a breakdown of recent mental health statistics, which is now at its highest rate in 11 years. The podcast takes us through HSE’s six main areas of work design that can affect stress factors and how these can be managed. Chris offers guidance and practical advice on how you can tackle stress at work and the business benefits that it can bring. The podcast also highlights the common signs of stress, how to spot them and shines a light on the ‘Mates in Mind’ scheme.
- Manual Handling: Chris Chapman summarises the criteria used when carrying out manual handling assessments, the statutory obligations placed on managers and the techniques used to reduce manual handling injuries.
- Special Considerations for Timber Frame Construction: Chris Chapman explains the extra measures which need to be taken because of the added fire risk.
- General Legislation: The Podcast aims to breakdown and simplify the Health & Safety at Work Act by reviewing key legislation which is relevant for the construction industry.
- Occupational Health: Our Occupational Health podcast examines the actions that must be taken to ensure successful management of Occupational Health in the workplace. Focus is directed towards how companies can reduce costs as well as improve the health and wellbeing of construction workers.
- Dust on Construction Sites: This podcast will consider which construction tasks produce high levels of dust and how companies can prevent or adequately control construction dust risks.
- The Importance of Using a Risk Assessment: During the podcast, Chris Chapman, Technical Support Manager at BSG discusses how risk assessments can be used to prevent harm and the relevant legislation for why they must be carried out. Chris will also look into what should be included in a risk assessment and who is responsible for carrying them out. Finally, an overview of the HSE management standards for how to carry out a risk assessment will be provided.
Members, please click here to view seminars, webinars and podcasts.