TG20:13 The Highlights
TG20: 13 is the latest update in guidance on tube fitting scaffolding from the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation. Highlights
of the new guidance include:
- All standard scaffolds in TG20:13 are fully proven by design and calculation and as such no additional design work will be required.
- TG20:13 will adopt a more user-friendly approach than its predecessor and will be more pictorial than previous versions—a common complaint about the last revision was that it was difficult to follow
- TG20:13 will be available electronically and to download as an App for mobile devices, and will include more scaffold types as standard designs. This guide will also demonstrate through a computer software system if a scaffolding system needs any additional designing or not
- Following feedback from TG20:08 saying it benefitted designers, the revised TG20:13 guidance will put the power back in scaffolders hands, not the engineers and will remove some of the burden for design currently experienced
- Designs included will be: Basic Birdcages, Towers, Basic Fans, Loading Bays, Unit Transoms, 3M lift heights, Hop-Up Braces, Basic Bridges & Basic Splays.
While the scaffolding industry gets to grips with the new guidance the HSE have announced they will not enforce TG20:13 during the so-called “bedding