About this course
This course provides you with an understanding of how attitude, behaviour, communication and worker engagement, at all levels, can help prevent the chances of accidents occurring.
The course can be applied to any construction situation. It features the use of the point of work assessment STAARR (Stop, Think, Assess, Act, Report and Review) and TASK (Think first, Act safe, Stop if hazardous and Keep safe) card. This is a simple dynamic risk assessment system.
This course is in line with the existing ACoP and Guidance for the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, which links to other legislation in requiring co-operation and co-ordination is carried out.
This course encourages participants to capture and apply the “9Cs” (Communication and Consultation enables Co-operation, Co-ordination, Collaboration, Control and Competence, establishing a Culture and Commitment at all levels).
What will you learn?
By attending and completing this course you will be able to:
• List the basic legal duties of employers and employees
• Define hazards, risks and control measures
• List possible causes of accidents
• Appreciate the link between attitude and behaviour
• Appreciate the costs of poor safety performance
• Appreciate the benefits of good safety performance
• Put ABC into practice using the STAARR and TASK card
• Successfully complete the course assessment
To successfully deliver the ABC course, it is important to ensure a mix of delegates, i.e. managers, supervisors and workers.