The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities, what the employers and employees duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
Who is it for?
The course is for those who have just entered the industry and as a refresher for longer serving employees, and also for those who are about to do their touch screen test.
What will you learn?
The aim of the course is to help delegates to understand their individual responsibilities and what is expected of them and to ensure they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
By attending and completing this course you will:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Be able to identify how your role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for risk assessment and method statement
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if unsure.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Construction Skills Site Safety Plus certificate and after further experience can go on to complete the 2 day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course designed for site supervisors.
2021 course dates – Remote Learning
14 Jan 7 Jul
27 Jan 26 Jul
12 Feb 3 Aug
17 Feb 24 Aug
2 Mar 7 Sep
29 Mar 28 Sep
15 Apr 7 Oct
23 Apr 27 Oct
14 May 2 Nov
24 May 15 Nov
2 Jun 3 Dec
18 Jun 10 Dec