The Building Safety Group is an accredited and leading training provider of the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
Who is it for?
This industry recognised course is ideal for companies which need to meet the ever increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety on site. The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
Why this course?
This course aims to assist site managers, agents and supervisors to manage health and safety on site in accordance with the current legal provisions and within the context of their management or supervisory role. By completing this course you will be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- Develop their skills in assessment, planning and implementation of safe systems and methods in the work place
- Provide examples and opportunities to study and analyse health, safety and welfare practices and procedures
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Download our factsheet to find out more and view the course programme.
SMSTS certification is valid for 5 years; although it is recommended by the CITB that the 2 day refresher course is taken every 3 years to cover legislation changes. CITB grants are available for businesses in scope.
Classroom based (5 day)
17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Aug
7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Sep
16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Nov
30 Nov, 1, 2, 3, 4 Dec
BSG Member – £485+VAT per delegate
Non-Member – £575+VAT per delegate
Classroom set up
The course will be run at BSG’s Training Centre based in Bristol (BS35 3QH). The classroom will be set up in strict accordance with government covid 19 guidelines which will include hand sanatising stations and floor graphics so that social distancing is maintained at all times during the course.