The supervisors safety training scheme is a requirement for all supervisors who will be working on their sites, as set out by the major contractors group.
This three day course meets the standards set by Build UK – any site with more than 2 construction workers should hold SSSTS certification. This course prepares candidates for the Site Management Safety Training Scheme and is ideal for Supervisors and Working Foreman’s.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at first line managers, foreman, gangers, team leaders, supervisors and those who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health, safety, welfare and environmental issues as well as legal responsibilities relevant to their work.
What will you learn?
The aim of the refresher course is to help delegates to improve their awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
By attending and completing this course you will:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
Successful candidates can go on to complete the 5 day site managers safety training scheme (SMSTS) course designed for site managers and supervisors.