This two day course is designed to assist those on site who have responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works. It is also designed to give confidence to senior management and those who engage contractors that they have recognised standard of knowledge.
Situations involving complex temporary works may occur on small as well as larger sites hence understanding the essentials of good safety risk management, as outlined in BS5975, is relevant for projects of all sizes. This course will give the delegate thorough knowledge of the Temporary Works Co-ordinator role however this does not alone make a delegate competent, as this requires other attributes e.g. experience.
Who is it for?
Delivered across two days, this course is ideal for anyone who has been considered for appointment as a Temporary Works Co-ordinator/Superviser and wishes to progress to the next professional level. It is also of interest to others involved in the temporary works co-ordination process including:
- Site and Project managers
- Designers and supervisors working for clients
- Consultants and contractors who need a detailed awareness of the safety and technical implications of temporary works
What will you learn?
- The needs and processes for temporary work co-ordination
- The duties of the Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC)
- The roles of others involved in temporary works projects
- The need for temporary works policy and legal aspects
- The detail of BS5975 and the procedural controls described in the code
- How the temporary works process is applied in practice
Download our factsheet to find out more and view the course programme.
Course Dates – Remote Learning
26, 27 Jan
22, 23 Feb
23, 24 Mar
30, 31 Mar
27, 28 Apr
24, 25 May
29, 30 Jun
27, 28 Jul
23, 24 Aug
28, 29 Sep
25, 26 Oct
23, 24 Nov
13, 14 Dec
Course fees 2021
BSG Member – £328+VAT per delegate
Non-Member – £395+VAT per delegate
Course fees include course materials and certification. Fee quoted for members’ rates includes 20% discount.