This one day course looks at the process of supervising temporary works, commonly expressed through the role of the Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS). This course is not a temporary works awareness course. It also focuses heavily on the BS5975:2019 standards.
The course has the support of a number of organisations: Temporary Works Forum, CECA, UKCG, HSE and FMB. The support of these organisations offers transferability of the course within industry.
Who is it for?
The Temporary Works Supervisor Training Course (TWSTC) is designed to assist anyone who has responsibility for supervising all forms of temporary works:
What will you learn?
Temporary works are usually safety and business-critical and require careful supervision. An accepted way of achieving this is through the adoption of the management process outlined in BS5975 which introduces the Temporary Works Supervisor. This course explains the role and the overall management context within which it sits. High risk can occur on small as well as larger sites hence understanding the essentials of good safety risk management, as outlined in BS5975, is relevant for projects of all sizes.
The course gives emphasis throughout to the importance of communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency (the ‘4Cs’), risk management, safety and business relations.
- The need for a temporary works policy and procedure
- The background to temporary works Codes of Practice and relevant regulations
- Awareness of the roles and responsibilities of the TWS and other parties identified in CDM Regulations 2015
- The importance of the design brief, approved drawings, specifications, risk assessments and method statements
- Recognise the different levels of risks associated with varying temporary works schemes
- The delegation process from the TWC. Inspections/Checks, hold points, load capacities and permissions
- The duties of various parties involved with temporary works including subcontractors
The role of the Principal Contractor in relation to the selection and appointment of Temporary Works Supervisors (TWS’s).
Remote Learning Course Dates
Course fees 2021
BSG Member – £205+VAT per delegate
Non-Member – £254+VAT per delegate
Course fees include course materials and certification. Fee quoted for members’ rates includes 20% discount.