About this course
During the excavator training our trainers can tailor the course to any type of excavator, attachments and specific job requirements to equip your employees with the relevant skills to be effective in their job. Every endeavour is taken to minimise the impact on normal working operations and ensure that training is relevant and industry specific
You will learn
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Current relevant regulations
- Excavating deep and shallow excavation
- Explanation of attachments
- Introduction to the machine
- Other associated activities
- Pre-shift inspections
- Trenching, back-filling, levelling and marking out (where applicable)
This course qualifies you to operate excavators on any site in the UK with permission of the person responsible for site health and safety. You can operate excavators up to the size of excavator for which you receive training. You can use any attachment for which you receive training. It does not qualify you to instruct others in the use of an Excavator or supervise anyone who has not received formal training and qualification in the use of an excavator.
Candidates per course
The number of delegates are dependent upon their level of experience. Please refer to the course information sheet for further details.